Friday, June 12, 2009

Fire and Death

“The sands of time flow. Hope fades, honor remains. Charge into the maw of death with a glad heart, for in that darkness glory awaits.” – Swatyy

I met Domitar on the battle field once again. Knowing his stomping grounds, this was a conflict I sought. The last time we clashed I was flying inferiour Galentie technology and found myself burning in space. But things were different now. Autocannons roared over the hum of tuned pulse lasers. Drones passed in space. Even though he is a heathen, a low-born slave, Domitar has proven is worth and must be feared. But in the end, I proved my superiority; I took the field this day.

Vanity, a fool’s emotion. Horak Thor learned the hard way when I burned his Republic Fleet Firetail in Amamake. Redschak was of no help in his Stabber Cruiser; I killed them both. It makes me laugh to see former slaves squander their money on useless faction toys. Minmatar should know that when matched against superior Amarrian war machines, even their most rare ships are nothing more than expensive coffins.

While my victories were decisive, there were setbacks. A call went out that two enemy ships were sighted in kourmonen on the Huola gate. I charged to the fight, as any Amarrian warrior would. Two Minmatar fighters are fair odds against an Amarrian soldier. When I landed on the gate, I found a small fleet waiting. I decided to let them draw first blood. Then I would jump the gate into Huola and split their fire. While the gambit succeeded, at the cost of my shields, there were five more ships waiting on the other side. I destroyed Dr Despair and Horak Thor in my death throws, before the overwhelming force burned my Harbinger.

The war has intensified. Heathens and heroes alike have fallen before the glowing flame of blazing weapons. Through it all, I rejoice and lift my voice in song.

-- s
[G.DIP]

No comments:

Post a Comment