Saturday, August 8, 2009

Finding Purpose

Has it been only a week? Just a week since I turned my back on that horrible den of vice and evil called Amamake. Forsaken, in favor of a new home in the Pure Blind system X-7MU. Truth be told, I miss the border lands. There was a purpose there, a calling. Even my enemies felt it, though we were diametrically opposed.

But what is there here out in the vast null-sec wastes? What is my calling, my mission? To find myself? To find God? Many an Amarrian have wasted away to dust trying. I brooded on these thoughts during my travels to X-7MU, but my fate soon found me. This region is filled with vile creatures that call themselves human, but respect neither man nor God.

The vermin huddle into balls around their great warp disruption spheres to prey on the passing traveler for no better reason than to kill. There is no fire in their will, no reason behind the slaughter. They murder for the taste of blood. There is no justice that reaches them, no higher law to institute order, no agent of fear.

There is only me. I will seek out the mongrels that kill for pleasure and strike them down in divine retribution. Like a bloody swath carved by my hand, they will be culled without mercy.
But my anger, though righteous and just, must be tempered with wisdom and cunning. I am the stranger in this land, and my enemies abound in great numbers. For years I have fought alone and outnumbered, and I have no qualms standing alone against many. Indeed, I welcome it.

Outmanned, but never outgunned -- G.Dip Motto

I sat observing Torrinos gate in EC-P8R. There was a large fleet sitting inside multiple anchored warp disruption spheres. What fools. Such a monstrosity could not survive in the battle hardened boarder lands. In Amamake or Old Man Star such a clumsy, inmobile defense would be attacked and overwhelmed in minutes.

But this was not the battlefield I was acustom too, and I was outnumbered 35 to 1. My scans revealed a Zealot preached 90 km from his companions, clearly offering sniper support. He would be my target. I came in with my modules hot. L HepheastusSon didn't even have time to begin locking as the first cannonade collapsed his shields and bit deeply into his armor. His allies were in shock at the boldness of the assault, slowing their reaction time. Before they could even approach to aid their comrade, I was warping away from L Hep's burning hull. Arrogance threatened to overtake humility; I couldent help but smile at my own audacity.

But I wasn't finished. Ever patient, I observed the hive dwindle until only a handful of ships remained on the gate. Then I struck! Falling upon Empress Olivia's Vagabond, her shields bucked under holy wrath. Not even assisting fire from a stealth bomber was able to prevent me from proving the Vagabond was merely a decorated coffin ship. Escaping before help arrived, I pondered my next mark.

It amazed me how the denizens of EC- can fly such costly vessels so poorly. Even though my presence was known in system, despite my having harvested two HACs, I found Kintonar Flitlanus outside the EC station sparing with his friend Trix Areforkids. Utter foolishness, for which I made him pay dearly. Striking fast, I collapsed what armor Kintonar's Zealot had left with two volleys and left the field before Trix could get in warp disruptor range.

It wasn't long before another target presented itself. I admit I'd become heady with overconfidence. Certain in my superiority over these vermin, I allowed myself to forget that even 100 wilderbeast can trample a lion to death. Zacharia Bigmiff busied himself anchoring a large warp disruption sphere on the Tor. gate in an effort to murder hapless travelers. He would pay!

I dropped on top of him, a mere 30km from his 10-man fleet, and opened fire. The familiar hum of overheated lasers vibrated through my soul. It made me sing. Zach fell quickly, his flaming hull a beacon of warning to other heathens. But in my arrogance, I dallied too long. A crusader interceptor got a target lock. Unable to withdraw and under the combined fire of a small fleet, my Harbinger was razed. Even as I fell, I lifted my voice in song, exhorting death and sacrifice in the name of justice.

My fate was well deserved, and over-long in coming, truth be told. Still, I was flabbergasted to hear the bickering between supposed allies. You can see from the comm logs below, the EC- residence truely are a rabble. Not even the Minmatar fall upon one another like this.

---
[00:06:44] swatyy > heh
[00:07:06] Zacharia Bigmiff > you cunts better get that harby now you weren't looking out for me whilst i was setting up that bubble
[00:07:24] swatyy > o/
[00:07:26] swatyy > gf
[00:07:44] Zacharia Bigmiff > thanks a lot guys, nobody was watching my back at all
[00:08:23] Hannibal218 > what we lost a ship?
[00:09:03] xxxak > what did you lose?
[00:09:08] Zacharia Bigmiff > a fucking ishtar
[00:09:12] Zacharia Bigmiff > i was putting up a bubble man
[00:09:19] Hannibal218 > to the harbinger?
[00:09:22] Zacharia Bigmiff > yes
[00:09:23] Tronzo > were u paying attention?
[00:09:29] Zacharia Bigmiff > i was putting up the bubble man
[00:09:40] The Groid > were anybody shooting him ?
[00:09:42] Hannibal218 > the second the harbinger apeared i started shooting at it
[00:09:48] Hannibal218 > i even jammed him one cycle
[00:09:54] Tronzo > i was shooting at it had him scramed so did my corpmates
[00:09:57] The Groid > and the rest?
[00:10:06] The Groid > i heard that that harbi warped away and all that
[00:10:26] Zacharia Bigmiff > man i pissed
[00:10:28] Zacharia Bigmiff > i'm*
---


Despite my success in Pure Blind, my heart can find no peace here. I enjoyed a short pilgrimage to the null-sec wastes, a journey that affirmed my purpose in the Amarr Militia. Who can turn their back on destiny? Who can stand against the fates dictated by the Higher Power? I must return to the Bleak Lands, for that is God's will.

Doing so will cost much. I must leave my comrades in Gunship Diplomacy, to resign the commission granting membership to that fine organization. My heart breaks to leave such a talented group of hunters, but it must be so. I must return. A place is reserved in my soul for Gunship and it's people. May time bring us together, to fight in common cause once again.
I leave Gunship Diplomacy and the residents of Pure Blind with choice selections from my sensor logs.

Fond farewell! o/

[G.Dip] swatyy


No comments:

Post a Comment