Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Seeking Peace

Where can an Amarrian warrior find the blessing of God? What can he do to find the light? For a time, I found peace fighting the Minmatar hordes that defiled the border lands with their disobedience. Many fell under my lasers, my Harbinger cutting a swath through the heathens. But that was then, and this is now. The war rages, but my attention ever drifts. There is no peace in my soul. It’s time for a change.

Gunship Diplomacy has decided to withdraw from the front lines to the 0.0 region of Pure Blind to join their comrades in arms against the larger power blocs in the North. While I don’t share their ambitions (it would be prideful), I welcome the diversion as a pilgrimage. Perhaps in the solitude of deep space, I can come to terms of what it means to be Amarr.

Alas, it was not to be so. For shortly after I entered Pure Blind, I encountered Julll flying a Sacrilege Heavy Assault Cruiser. Everything about him screamed that he was a predator. I was not surprised when he targeted my Harbinger, but I wondered if he would have done the same had he known who he was attacking.

My lasers hummed in hypnotic succession as his missiles thundered against my Harbinger’s hull. As he pulled into orbit around me, Jilll made his fatal mistake. Cutting inside 8000km, my overheated scrambler and web reached out and entangled his propulsion system. Simultaneously, the EC-600 jamming drones worked their magic and broke his targeting lock.

I smirked as my guns overheated, watching my helpless opponent’s armor buckle under withering laser fire. Julll’s armor flashed green as the repair systems franticly tried to keep up with the punishment, but it was not enough. Regaining his lock, he fired one volley in indignation before the Sacrilege’s hull collapsed in a bright flash .

I fired the wreck and continued on my way to X-7MU, the new staging system for Gunship Diplomacy. Reflecting on my encounter, I realized that there would be no peace even here. Evil surrounds me everywhere, hiding in the shadows. Let it be so, for I will illuminate the darkness with laser fire and burn the unclean from the heavens wherever I may be.

[G.Dip] swatyy

No comments:

Post a Comment