Sunday, July 26, 2009

In the Wings

The flames of battle rage for the Amarr, to subjugate the Minmatar to their rightful subordinate place. Every intel channel rang with reports of Minmatar hordes in massive fleets. Safety in overwhelming numbers; a fools reasoning.

Unfurling a boarder map, I considered the systems and tactical reports. A smile played at my lips as the scenarios developed in my thoughts. I typed out a message to my brothers in [G.Dip]; I was leading an interceptor gang to hunt in the Minmatar’s wings.

When our group of four frigate-frigate class ships entered Amamake, it was clear the Minmatar were swaggering in overconfidence. Fifty war targets sat in local, filling local coms with usless prattle. We set upon the hunt, finding Shantarius foolishly away from his companions. We fell upon him with Amarrian justice and left nothing but a burning hull in our wake.

I ordered the fleet to move from Amamake to Auga, to seek out a gang reported in the Militia channel. We found a small war target gang waiting on the gate.

Despite 30+ hostile pilots in local, we engaged! Righteous fury and blazing weapons flashed in space. Explosions and fire cast eerie haze. In the end, several ships fled before us and several others fell under out guns.

We returned to our home system, confidant that we had done our part.

***

Later, I set out in my Harbinger battle cruiser to seek the Minmatar alone. A large enemy fleet had passed through Amamake, and I sought out the stragglers. It wasn’t long before I came across whitehall1212 in a Stabber “coffin”’ Cruiser. I put him down, hard. And then I met Mutnin, piloting a Vexor Cruiser. He died unceremoniously. This slave speaks much, but he is amusing nonetheless, as the comm. logs below show.


[10:27:57] Mutnin > you going to post that video on the forums, to show how l33t you are at "solo" pvp
[10:28:02] swatyy > Well, whatever you think about the engagement, you are dead and ive got your kill mail. I think in Eve, they say adapt or die.
[10:28:36] Mutnin > wow.. Im' dead.. you had to use a neut covt ops alt in FW... to gank a T1 cruser with a BC
[10:28:46] Mutnin > you rock
[10:29:21] swatyy > You were acually pretty easy, but your salty tears make it much more fun! \0/
[10:29:29] Nikolay Tesla > haha
[10:29:43] Mutnin > well I'd hope a t1 cruiser wold be easy 4 a BC...
[10:34:27] Mutnin > he is quite awesome at pvp
[10:34:38] swatyy > Thanks, I think so too.


After our banter, I began my trip back to Huola. But I would never complete this journey. An enemy fleet intercepted me on the Kourmonen gate in Auga. Two crusiers and a Frigate piloted by Devvon Maelstrom, Inspector burnside and Rei’kan engaged. I locked target and fired back. Devvon's Arbitrator Cruiser was the first to fall under my guns, then Inspector burnside. But in typical Minmatar fashion, they called their friends. More enemy ships arrived on the scene.

Vastly outnumbered, I made an attempt to withdraw. Overheating my web and putting my target painter on Bundylicious’s Crow Interceptor, my pulse lasers tracked his 10km orbit and blew him from the sky. But it was too late. There was nothing to do but die with my guns blazing, the taste of scorched ambiotic fluid in my mouth. It was a fate any Amarrian warrior would be proud to face.

I limped to my home station in a pod and prepared a new ship for the battles ahead. Despite my loss, I wrecked much more damage on the Minmatar cause. It was a good day!

[G.Dip] swatyy

No comments:

Post a Comment