Saturday, July 4, 2009

Minmatar Character

The pod fluid was particularly thick today. I made a note to speak with the docking manager about it, rather to threaten him. Living in Amamake, a pirate haven, means dealing with heathens on a regular basis. I decided to take my irritation out on the Minmatar hordes infesting the system.

I found Nolaquen on the Auga gate in a stabber “coffin” Cruiser. He tried to burn back to the gate, but was far too slow. Watching his ship burn in space made me feel better. He was followed by Wooki 1 piloting a Moa cruiser. The Minmatar seem to be flying ships other than their own… I guess they are the fools I first took them for.

Not that they can fly them well. Edgar Boron was flying a Myrmidon Battlecruiser a few hundred clicks off a station, right as his friends had docked. I landed 5km away and engaged with confidant fury. Edgar screamed for help, but to no avail. Minmatar are slow to aid their companions, and Edgar’s ship burned alone.

There was a large enemy fleet roaming around, and numbers always make the Minmatar arrogant without cause. I scanned down a Vexor cruiser in a belt and warped in to find Captain Vaguy. The heathen was ratting, with a Vagabond friend 300km off!

“Sometimes outnumbered, never outgunned”

I landed on the Vexor and engaged, certain I could destroy the Vagabond Heavy Assault Cruiser if he chose to aid his friend. Vaguy died pitifully, so fast I almost felt sorry for him. Razing the wreck, I aligned for an exit, the Vagabond having never lifted a finger to help his friend in need. These slaves get smarter all the time. He was probably waiting for the 20+ ships that dropped on top of me at that moment. But they were too slow. I engaged warp and escaped.

Poor Minmatar. You can find the sensor feed here [Youtube.com] for your enjoyment.

[G.Dip] swatyy

3 comments:

  1. Borzek Staropramen [GDIP]July 4, 2009 at 5:53 PM

    nice, keep the reports/vids coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, but I'm a noob. Was afk for bit. So didn't cry for help (unfortunately)

    /Edgar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats it? Attacking AFK craft and craft that are engaged in mining or small game hunting?
    Now admittedly the going AFK is noob, but he admitted it and hopefully learned. I'm not sure if you figured the 300k craft out there was a partner to the lone one you hit, but assuming that to be the worst case, ok, some trepidation on your part. Avoiding the fleet warping in was good, and I'm sure they will learn to warp fleet elements to stargates from now on too. Or did they?
    All in all, not bad video, but some small criticisms as seen above.

    ReplyDelete