Sunday, May 31, 2009

After Action Report: 2009-05-31 10:11:00

The pod fluid seemed chilly this morning. I shook off the cold as I slid into my submerged seat and inhaled the thick liquid. Evil waits for no pilot, and there were reports in Amarr Militia comms that Minmatar attack parties were marauding about the boarder systems. This, of course, cannot stand. The familiar inertia pushed me back into my seat as my vessel accelerated out of station dock.

I ran my standard patrol from Amamake. There were minor contacts in Dal and Siseide, but the Minmatar frigates wisely evaded the EVO Pike. Minmatar coffin ships, they made the wise move by ceding the field when I arrived. Arrogance has no place in the holy Amarrian warrior, but it is difficult not to feel satisfaction when your enemies scatter at your approach. I jumped into Auga, feeling I would return home empty handed this trip. Still, I had shown the Amarr banner and made sure the Minmatar I encountered knew they had no claim to this constellation.

I came to a stop on the Dal gate in Auga to run a scan. Nothing. I set course for the Amamake gate, and home, when a Hound dropped out of warp on the gate only 1km from me. Instinctively, I canceled warp. 4th Domination wouldn’t engage, not a Stealth Bomber against a battlecruiser; he must just be passing through to Dal. I gave local a quick check for a hostile spike and decided to give the Hound an unfriendly send off. I locked target, expecting Dom to instantly jump.

He didn’t.

As the locking timer quickly approached zero, I stared at the Hound in disbelief. Then I understood. Dom had dropped out of warp just *outside* jump distance and had been decloaked by my proximity. I couldn’t help but chuckle at his misfortune, bubbles exiting my nostrils in the pod fluid, as Dom madly tried to approach the gate.

It was too late. I overheated my guns as the target locked and fired a carronade. 4th Domination learned why all the other rebel frigates had given me wide berth. The lasers tore through his shields, melted through the armor and sliced past his hull into critical systems. In a flash, with a single devastating pulse, I had left his ship a ruined bulkhead floating in space. The ferocity of my attack left Dom dazed and confused. I took the opportunity his hesitation provided, locked his pod, and claimed his life.

After scooping his loot, I fired the Hound wreck and patiently waited for the aggression timer to count down. It seems Dom really was alone, unfortunate bastard. Then I jumped back to Amamake, that godless system, my home. This morning was entertaining, at the very least.


swatyy
[EV-O] CEO

1 comment:

  1. Well, good timing for you being in auga at that time, and at that gate. I was managing 3 eve accounts AND browsing a webpage at that time, heh.

    Lesson learned, and life in militia goes on.

    ReplyDelete