Saturday, May 30, 2009

History of me

My beginnings. A couple RL friends suggested I try Eve about three years ago, and I was instantly hooked. I created my first toon, Ben’Garran, and soon realized that spending years training would suck hardcore. Being a reasonably creative problem solver, I discovered that it’s much faster to earn isk to buy an account than it is to train from scratch. So I created a couple miner accounts and ran to the biggest group of carebears I could find. Back in 2006, it was the Freelancer Alliance (FLA). Of all the fuzzies I’ve ever played with, they by far had the brightest rainbows. They gave Richard Simmons a run for his money on the “rainbow” front.

Rebirth. After a couple months of heavy crock mining with Galatech Ltd, I bought a combat toon by the name of Atomic Mayhem. This is where the game really started opening up. Here I was, a 3 month old player able to T2 fit battleships. While the character was awesome and I got more than my fair share of kills, I was roasted by the Burn Eden gangs that regularly marauded through FLA space without resistance. Those guys were awesome. But even getting my ass handed to me by such excellent tacticians was fun and I got to meet several infamous FLA leaders.

After awhile, I realized I wasn’t going to learn how to PvP in FLA. It was the case of the blind leading the blind. We heard loud bitching on the Eve-O forums about a group called the Privateer Alliance who were raining terror on carebears across Eve. They had war-dec’ed FLA and popped my hauler as it undocked from Jita… and laughed about in local. When I asked what to do in corp chat, people got mad at me for encouraging them with “easy kills.”

I was emotionally traumatized. I have the scars to this day… I knew right there and then, I wanted to join up!

Getting Aggressive. My friends and I left FLA, and I became CEO of Bottomfeeders Inc. We joined the PA for 50M/wk and started tearing things up with AF/cruiser/recon gangs. This was hella fun, and I quickly learned in weeks PvP skills I hadn’t seen in months of 0.0 combat. We also participated in targeted war-decs between tours in the PA, and it was during this time I met several long-time Eve friends... as targets. It wasn’t long before our targets had combat alts in Bottomfeeders (if only to keep tabs on us) and we burned, pillaged and raped. Good days, good days. Then the PA nerf was instituted by CCP, and an era came to a close. I decided I wanted to try my hand at 0.0 territory war.

Signing Up for War. I sold off Atomic Mayhem and upgraded to a new character, Scius. We met one of the founding members of KOS while in the PA, and he offered Bottomfeeders a place in Knights of the Southern Cross to help with the war effort. Scius was a capable Dread pilot and soon we found ourselves in KOS on the Tenferis southern front fighting RISE. I learned quite a bit about fleet warfare and roving gangs, but it was clear that KOS was full of farmers. Actually, the Chinese farmers, Tang Corp, often fielded similar firepower as KOS when repelling hostiles in local.

After awhile, our group wanted to move to a new challenge with a more aggressive group. To do this, we disbanded Bottomfeeders and joined FATAL. We did some cap warfare and larger gang stuff. Around this time, we met the STK folks during joint ops between FATAL and MPIRE. Unfortunately, life obligations forced me to cut back on my game time. I sold my character and did a bit of industrial stuff on the side. As a side note, the guy I sold Scius to was responsible for the whole “honor tanking” incident, not I.

The Return. My situation settled, and I was able to come back to Eve. By this time, I had built a sizable wallet building/trading/inventing and looked for a new toon. Eventually, I settled on Swatyy (pronounced “sway”). Shortly after purchasing Swatyy, I joined STK Scientific to fly with a few old-time Eve friends. Over the course of three short months, I shot into the top 10 on the All Time Killers and the All Time Scorer lists for the Blackout Alliance and a respectable kill/loss ratio less than 10:1. We had a number of excellent roams and solid fights.

After a few months with Blackout, Digital Renegades launched an assault on our outpost systems. They hit the high-end moon harvesting arrays and Blackout decided to vacate Paragon Soul, ultimately handing the system, and the fight, over to United Legion. STK, the Blackout executor corporation, unfortunately experienced a leadership vacuum that ultimately lead to Blackout’s disbandment.

With STK choosing to become an Empire resident, I decided to start a shell corporation (Evolving Paradigms) to participate in Faction Warfare. Over the last few months I have flown solo for the underdogs of Eve, the Amarr Militia. While out-gunned and outnumbered, I still inflicted heavy causalities on the opposition. I hope to continue cutting a bloody swath through space for the Amarr Militia.

No comments:

Post a Comment